Wednesday, September 29, 2010

OAMC Lite



I'm still here. I spent Sunday cooking up some ground beef for various recipes. I can't get into the Once a Month Cooking thing entirely, but I can get into some of the aspects--like having ingredients ready, or parts of meals. I started with 6 pounds of ground beef I browned in the oven in a big pan.

These are some meat pies I made. (I will resist the urge to make a Mrs. Lovett joke--Sweeney Todd fans will 'get it.') I just used store-brand biscuits for them. I split each raw biscuit in half and rolled it out as thin as I could. I put a nice mound of meat in the middle (how's that for alliteration?) and topped it with another piece of biscuit dough. I cooked these then froze them. We already had them for dinner last night and they were reeeealllly good. Here is the link to the recipe. I was lucky enough to have all ingredients on hand!

http://www.rd.com/home-garden/miniature-meat-pies-recipe/article26225.html

I also made up some of it for what I call Slider Casserole:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slider-Style-Mini-Burgers/Detail.aspx


(I used 2 pounds for this as it is a family favorite!)

And for Ground Beef Casserole:

http://www.mealsmatter.org/RecipesAndMeals/Recipes/Recipes.aspx?RecipeId=54992&p=1&pageTemplate=PrintView

(Only the meat and tomatoes part--I'll combine the rest when I make it)

I also combined a pound of the meat with some cheese and green chilis (from a can) for enchiladas. And I left one pound plain so that I can throw it in sauce for quick spaghetti.

On the other side of the creative front, I've been working steadily on crochet/sew or knit projects. In fact, I'm signing off now to work on my daughter's wrist warmers, as the light from the window behind me is just right.


Oh, btw, the doll I got at the church sale is a "Ginny Baby" from 1965. Apparently she isn't worth much more than $20, but considering I paid about 50 cents for her, I think I got a deal, LOL!



1 comment:

  1. That's brilliant, you now have most of your meals planned for a while.......I do need to be more organised in the kitchen........although I'm planning on pickling onions this week.

    ReplyDelete