What I have done so far today (it's 12:55 EDT):
Row of Post Triples on the baby blanket
Untangled baby blanket yarn--what a pain.
Pinned my interfacing for the coat. (Yes, I finally bought it, the lining fabric and more thread!)
Made a new round on a Jack-O-Lantern potholder I'm making. It's about 5 inches across now.
Did a round on the socks I'm making. I'm almost done with the first sock!
Put new fabric in the wash for a blouse for next summer. If it fits nicely I will make it again with 3/4 sleeves for fall/winter.
Now I'm off to put the fabric in the dryer.
Hasn't my Sunday been exciting so far????? (Actually, this is JUST the way I like it.)
Afternoon, by about 2:30 p.m.:
2 more rounds on the pumpkin pot holder
Cut out the interfacing
Another round on the sock
Rolled up a ball of the black cashmere/merino wool yarn for Katherine's wrist warmers.
Pinned the coat lining.
Finished the round part of the pumpkin potholder!
I have made many potholders out of cotton yarn (Sugar N Cream, for the record) and I find that continuous use and washing means the ends tend to unravel. Now what I do is this: after weaving them in, I put a tiny drop of glue on the item and anchor down the 'tail.' Once the glue is bone-dry, I clip off any excess. Because the glue dries clear, it doesn't show and helps keep the project intact.
Did these while listening to a podcast over at CraftSanity, featuring an interview with Meagan Reardon of "Not Martha." A very funny and down-to-earth lady!
And between it all, I'm keeping up with the house and ate lunch. Dinner is already on the stove--my husband's Sunday pasta sauce!