Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Sunday

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend. It's windy out today but the weather was very nice yesterday.

On the creative front:

I'm up to a point with the wrist warmers that I think I'm going to have to have Katherine try them on. She still won't really know what they are (gloves? mittens?) so it will be a semi-surprise. But for what the yarn cost and all the work, I'd hate to have them come up too small. I just need to check about where I want to make the loop for her thumb.

For my mother's scarf, I'm past the plain stitching in the middle and started on the fancier sections.

The lining for the coat is sewn and ready to put in! I'll have to be sure to concentrate on it so I can wear it to my reunion next Saturday.

I only have to do the hems and the green jacket I started last winter (!) will be done.

For the record, I'm tired. Dinner's lowing and slowing in the oven--venison. Ick. My husband and older son can have it. I also have a skirt steak or two to make for those of us who don't like game.
(I will, however, give the venison a taste to see if the BBQ sauce it's been cooking in for the last 4 hours kills the gamey taste.)

2 comments:

  1. I think us knitters are nothing if not optimistic........I can never guage the time or amount of daylight hours needed to complete projects...........and I have been knitting most of my life, lol. You are cetainley moving along at a steady pace with your present making.
    I'm afraid my sock knitting has been neglected, so much knitting to do for the expected grandchild...............but pickled onions all present and correct and awaiting Christmas festivities.
    florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never tasted venison or anything more exotic than bison. BBQ venison sounds interesting.

    Sounds like you're making good progress with the sewing and knitting! Hope to see the finished coat on your blog!

    ReplyDelete