Monday, September 6, 2010

Progress




Today is Labor Day. My "Labor" is working hard on some of my knitting and crocheting projects. I did five more rows on the scarf and another row on the baby blanket. I also did a row on a big afghan I'm making, which I'll photograph another day. I have been trying to alternate crafts with housework. So I have a bit finished in both departments. At least my living room is looking good. Oh! And I already have lasagna ready to pop in the oven later today. Don't you love it when dinner is ready to go?

My sewing goal today is to get the binding pinned onto a knit top I am making. I did finish cutting out my coat. I'm going to see if there's anything I can pin today, but I have to get interfacing so may not be able to progress until that happens. It also might help if I get some matching thread, LOL! I didn't realize the coat has a lining, but (as I think I mentioned last post) the pattern does say 'easy.' Promises, promises.

I'm ambitious to get things done because I bought two new crochet magazines today. I see some nice projects that will make great Christmas gifts. You know, it isn't that there aren't enough hours in the day. With no littles underfoot and a job that only takes 15 hours a week, I have plenty of time. Not that I really have plenty of time. Do you know that Christmas is only 109 1/2 days from today?

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, Christmas in only 109 days.......that's almost unbelievable. I sometimes think that no matter how many hours we could squeeze into a day it would still not be enough for all us crafters. Your scarf is lookig lovely, such an unusual pattern. Looking forward to seeing your finished baby blanket and especially your coat.
    love florrie x
    p.s I have joined your followers list.

    ReplyDelete