Thursday, February 10, 2011

Not feeling very creative

My dog Shadow has been at the vet since Monday. He had surgery last week to remove an abnormal anal gland. He managed to bend back the cloth cone they had on him and licked out his stitches. The wound got infected. So they had to redo the stitches and now he has a tube in him for a drain.

We also had him fixed, since it's all in the same area. This will help to prevent him from getting this problem again. It's also supposed to add years to his life. He's only five and I want him to live forever.

Actually, I'm still keeping up with some of my work, especially crochet. It is very soothing and relaxing to me. With crochet, you have some control over what you are doing. You don't have much control over a sick dog's needs.

And I don't even want to know what this will cost after 4 nights there (he has to stay again tonight). The alternative, though, is unthinkable.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Shadow is going through this. He's so cute. I feel the same way about our dog Trixie. She's almost 18 and every day I thank God for one more day with her.

    ReplyDelete