Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Latest Sewing Project


This is New Look 6947. I actually bought it last year and have already made the sleeveless top in a white with red stripe shirting material. It has some tucks at the neckline and a simple hook and eye closure at the back.

I got some cheapo fabric to make a 'muslin' of the jacket but it is actually turning out nice enough to use. I'm making it without the collar in a white pique, only on the reverse side so it is smooth instead of bumpy. Somehow, the bumpy side made me think too much of a tennis outfit.

So I'll bind it around the edges. It is light weight and will make a nice sort of cardigan for the spring.

I'm actually up to the sleeves already so this will be finished pretty soon. I'll take a picture of the finished project and post it.

Oh, and I'm not making the pants. I'm only 5'2" and chubby and I would look ridiculous in big pants like that.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! Sorry if I've posted twice. My computer got hung up and when I reloaded my old message disappeared.

    Anyway, I doubt many people could pull those pants off, so you are right to avoid them. I wouldn't be able to wear them either. The jacket sounds pretty and perfect for spring or a cool summer night.

    I used to sew my own clothes too, but got out of the habit. Someday I would like to start again. Hope your fur baby is feeling better! Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that pattern a lot. I like the pants too, but I don't know how they would look on me either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so tempted to make some summer dresses for myself, just a little nervous of making that first cut into my lovely fabric, just in case it all goes pear shaped (wrong).

    Love the pattern.
    florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pattern. The jacket is really cute. I'm shorter than you are so the pants certainly wouldn't work for me. I do think I'd like that pattern for pajama pants though.

    ReplyDelete