Friday, January 14, 2011

Live & Learn



Here is a picture of the baby jacket in progress. When I had finished up one sleeve, I realized that I had crocheted too many rows on the jacket bodice. This is why the neckline didn't look right. I must have repeated the last step. It was easy enough to tear out.

What wasn't easy was tearing out the row on the blanket that I messed up. It is a pink row like the one on the jacket. The repeat is this: single, four chains, puff stitch. Well, I got so caught up in making sure I counted right for the puff stitch that I missed counting the four chains in numerous places.

So I decided to unravel all the pink. I just couldn't get it to work, and it's usually very easy to pull out crochet stitches.

Then I realized I was pulling it out from the wrong direction.

Backwards.

Yeah, after I used scissors to cut apart the 'stuck' stitches, I decided to work from the other end and pulled it out with no trouble at all. Now I have a bunch of fuzz to cleanup. Glad I have a Kone vacuum, LOL!

This time, I stopped every few repeats to be sure nothing was 'lost.' It probably isn't a good idea to watch shows like Animal Precinct while doing work you should concentrate on. Yelling at jerks with emaciated pit bulls messes up my concentration.

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I hate taking out the fancy crochet stitches. That little jacket is going to be so cute, well worth the time you've put into it.

    I had to laugh at your comment about watching Animal Precinct while crocheting. I do the same thing when I watch TV. I've learned to stop at the end of each row to double check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I've tried to unpick from the wrong end before - amazing how long it took before I realised my mistake. It's a sweet little jacket, I hope you post a picture of it and the blanket when they are finished
    C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried undoing the wrong end and it's a nightmare. It's going to look beautiful when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is going to be just beautiful when it is done!

    ReplyDelete