Friday, January 14, 2011
Live & Learn
Here is a picture of the baby jacket in progress. When I had finished up one sleeve, I realized that I had crocheted too many rows on the jacket bodice. This is why the neckline didn't look right. I must have repeated the last step. It was easy enough to tear out.
What wasn't easy was tearing out the row on the blanket that I messed up. It is a pink row like the one on the jacket. The repeat is this: single, four chains, puff stitch. Well, I got so caught up in making sure I counted right for the puff stitch that I missed counting the four chains in numerous places.
So I decided to unravel all the pink. I just couldn't get it to work, and it's usually very easy to pull out crochet stitches.
Then I realized I was pulling it out from the wrong direction.
Yeah, after I used scissors to cut apart the 'stuck' stitches, I decided to work from the other end and pulled it out with no trouble at all. Now I have a bunch of fuzz to cleanup. Glad I have a Kone vacuum, LOL!
This time, I stopped every few repeats to be sure nothing was 'lost.' It probably isn't a good idea to watch shows like Animal Precinct while doing work you should concentrate on. Yelling at jerks with emaciated pit bulls messes up my concentration.