Monday, January 10, 2011

Hexagonal Potholder



I've been trying to make one small thing a day and this hexagonal potholder fits the bill. Projects you can finish quickly are very satisfying.

The orange and white parts are cotton yarn, but the purple center is from some leftover regular (worsted weight, I guess) yarn I had from other projects. You know you always end up with that little bit that you really can't do much with? This is a good way to use some of it. It's just a decorative touch because the real absorbency is in the cotton part.


Here's the link if you'd like to make this. I did it up in less than an hour, which is pretty good for me:

http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/2010/11/hello-hexagon-how-to-crochet-hexagon.html

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to make Christmas gifts each month and these would be perfect. I save all the little bits of yarn and have several that I could use for the centers. Thanks for that link.

    ReplyDelete