Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gloomy, rainy day

It's been raining all day. That's fine with me if it washes away most of the snow. Trouble is flooding that makes big puddles that will freeze. Right now, it's all yucky slush out there besides big piles of snow.

My squirrel babies came to visit and looked terribly pathetic with their wet coats. I gave them lots of peanuts. Of course, the birds got their seeds, too.

This was a good day to blog hop and crochet. In between blogs I'm working on the socks I started a million years ago. So far today I think I've done 10 rounds, which makes about 600 stitches. I am jealous of these people who can turn out one pair after another. This is my first and I'm only working on it a little at a time.

I took a break from hopping and crocheting to write in my own blog, before the laptop battery runs out. I'm sitting on my bed with it.

Don't you think if someone is meant to be portable and on your lap it would have a battery that lasts longer than an hour?

2 comments:

  1. That's the reason I won't buy a laptop. I would probably throw it through a window if the battery went dead while I was on the net. lol

    It's a rainy nasty day here also. I hope the snow all melts before we get more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment about my granny squares, if I knew they were this much fun I would have made them years ago.......I don't sew mine together I use the "join as you go" method.......there's a great tutorial by lucy at http://attic24.typepad.com it saves a lot of time.

    Good luck with the socks.

    florrie x

    ReplyDelete