Monday, March 7, 2011

Yarn tip


I bought this crafts journal on the clearance rack at Michael's ages ago. Finally finding some good uses for it. First of all, I ignore the tabs on the sides. I think this might have originally been for scrapbooking.

I have all this yarn nicely organized but don't know what half of it is. This is because I tossed the labels after balling it up. Since I have some new yarn that is still labeled, I cut little pieces of it, taped it into my book, and wrote down what it is.

I also keep a record of what hook goes to what project in here. If I put a project aside for a long time (what do I mean , 'if'? It's more like 'when'!) I can reference my little book and know what hook to start up with again.

For sewing, I've started to make a 'wish list' of patterns I'd like. Next time Joanne's has a 1.99 sale I can bring my list with me and I won't have to plow through a humongous pattern book!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tips. I have a small journal that will work to tape a bit of yarn along with what project I used it for. I always lose the label for the yarn long before the yarn is used up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend....it's been way too long! How are you? How is you new blog going? I see my favorite little clown over on the side, when is she getting married? Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete