Friday, October 8, 2010

Not so sure about this

The bad news is that I'm not really sure I can finish the coat by tomorrow.

The good news is that it's supposed to be in the high 70s, making it far too warm for the coat, anyway. So I think I will concentrate on the blazer, since that is part of the outfit I'm wearing.

I'm having trouble with the coat's hem. I've made hems before, but never involving a lining. I finally decided I'm going to let both hang independent of each other. (In other words, the lining and coat will each have its own hem.) I just have to be sure the lining is short enough that it doesn't show.

Still haven't decided on a belt or a button. I think this coat would look great with a wide leather belt in dark brown, but of course I'd never find such a thing.

I will be sooooo glad when this is done! I want to get working on my Christmas projects!

(PS--let my daughter try on the wrist warmers. Did I post that already? They fit just fine and I'm up to the thumbhole round. I think it will be a breeze from here. Hopefully, those are not 'famous last words.'

No comments:

Post a Comment