Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Crafting





I really need to get on this blog more often than I do! It's just that I feel pictures make a blog more interesting and it's a pain taking and uploading them.

I've done some crocheting and knitting and sewing today. At the top is a dishcloth. It's just a simple square, but I wanted to practice something from a book I've got called "Around the Corner Crochet Borders" by Edie Eckman. This border is #10. It alters between chains, double crochets and popcorn stitches. It's hard to tell in the photo but it has a nice, ruffly quality. It took me about an hour from start to finish, and that's mainly because I miscounted the rows of the square and ended up with a trapezoidish thing.

You can see I've made real progress with the knitted blue scarf. Just one more section to go! I've had so much fun practicing new knitting patterns (frankly, most of it's new to me) that I want to start another project soon to practice something else.

The coat is done except for closing up the belt and pressing it. I don't have room in my crafts/sewing/writing room to keep an ironing board set up all the time, so I like to take it out in the living room when I have several things to iron. That'll be soon--it's cool enough to wear the coat now. (I also don't like to keep my iron out with animals running around the house--dangerous!)

What else did I do today? Oh, I cut out and started a simple t-shirt with a v-neck and 3/4 sleeves. I did the shoulders and the sleeves are pinned in place. I also remember to do the stay-stitching around the neck that will keep it from getting all floppy. I think it might be too big but it will be easy to size it down after the sleeves and side seams are done. It's a Jalie pattern. I've never used this brand before and it may be more 'true to size' than some patterns. In other words, large really means 'large.'

Stay healthy in this flu and cold season. I will try really hard to post again with in the next 2 days!

1 comment:

  1. Clever you, that crochet square looks really intricate and I love the knitted scarf.......so many interesting patterns...........I'm smitten!
    florrie x

    ReplyDelete