Monday, November 29, 2010

30 years, a link and a recipe

First of all, today is Mike and my 30th anniversary! We went out to dinner last night at a nice Italian restaurant. (Nothing is open on Monday.) I had shrimp francaise and he had shrimp and calamari.
Mike gave me a beautiful card this morning. He always writes romantic and funny things inside. Even after 30 years, it's nice to still be romantically in love with each other.


I promised Granny J the link to the pattern for the man's hat and scarf, so here it is:

http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-Hats-Scarves-Gloves/Hat-and-Scarf-Set-for-Men-from-Bernat

I finished the set yesterday. I made the scarf shorter than the picture. Mike likes to tuck scarves inside his coat so it's just big enough to do that.

And here's a cookie recipe:

MELTAWAYS

1 Cup of Butter
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Cups of Flour
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups of finely chopped walnuts
Powdered sugar

Cream the butter. Add everything else except the powdered sugar. Roll into balls (about walnut size).
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 35 minutes.

Cool a little, then roll in powdered sugar.

BTW, that really is a whole tablespoon of vanilla!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. Hope you have many more happy anniversaries. Thanks for the link to the hat. I'll be making one in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you stopped by for a visit today! What a pretty blog you have! I'm off to read your posts, have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe...sounds so good! Thanks also for visiting with me today! I hope you will join me again sometime!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to You and Mike. May every year together be sweeter than the one before!

    ReplyDelete