Saturday, July 9, 2011

Knitting in the Laundry Room


 
Ha, I think that would be a great title for a new blog, if I ever start another one. Can't seem to keep up with the ones I already have, though.

A few posts ago I wrote about finding a little time here and there for projects. This is one example: I'm working on a little headband. It is made of cashmere yarn that I bought with one of those 40% off coupons. Cashmere is something I'd rarely pay money for, and it isn't likely I'll make anything big out of it. I did do some fingerless gloves for my daughter for Christmas last year. But it's nice to be luxurious once in a while.

This is from the July Issue of Crochet Today magazine. It will also feature a flower, but then you're talking about circular needles. I have no idea yet how to use them (that? it's one piece) so I'll probably crochet the flower for now.

The lacey pattern on this is stupid easy, even for someone like me, who is only two steps beyond 'raw beginner.' I would like to try to knit more along with my crocheting, so little projects are a good way to start. 

I also made another batch of Fridge-to-Pantry pickles today. Two farmstands opened up near me and I bought these cute little Kirbys. I left the peels on this time around to see if that makes the pickles crispier. We'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment