Monday, April 11, 2011
Here is my latest sewing project, a new blouse for spring. It is McCall's M6035. Of course I paid about 1.99 for it, not the 17.95 suggested retail price! Who pays almost $18 for a frickin' pattern??????
Oh, and the fabric was on sale, too. I usually go for the quilting cottons. There are so many nice prints to choose!
This is what I've gotten done so far. The sleeves will be the shortest ones, but I might just let them hang loose instead of making them puffed.
I only have the collar half-sewn in and need to iron it up a bit. I had to fudge the neckline just a little bit after increasing the width of the front. I want a blouse that buttons easily and patterns never fit me like that.
I really like the shirred sleeves on the blue blouse and plan to use them in the next incarnation of this pattern.
On the crochet front, I finished a doll blanket today that I started a while back. I also did several more rounds on a new pair of socks and am past the 'turning the heel' part.
The girl clothespin bunnies have skirts and tails, but no ears yet. Soon!
Pics of all to come in future posts.