Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Shirt WIP




It's hard to tell from these photos, but this is a very light weight rib knit in a burgundy color. It has a seam down the front that is shirred at the bustline, which gives it a nice fit. I've made several versions of this shirt.
This time I'm adding crocheted flowers! There are places around blogland that teach you how to make yarn from t-shirt fabric. Basically, you cut strips and then you stretch them as far as you can. This particular knit stretched beautifully. As you can see, I've made two flowers. I might make a third. They will be hand-sewn onto the shirt. I just have to do that and finish the binding around the neckline, then the shirt is done.
I often ask myself why I don't work with knits more often. No buttons, no zippers--what's not to love?
Oh, and the Target bag...it just makes it easier to slings on and off the mannequin. (Her name is Sunny.)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! You are equally talented in sewing, knitting and crocheting. :o)

    ReplyDelete