Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Redo!



I've known basic knitting for years, but in the process of wanting to do it more often (and better) I've recently learned two things:

1)You always have to finish on an even numbered row or you'll keep switching wrong and right sides.

2)It's not a good idea to listen to music while knitting, unless you're really good at it. I ended up ripping all the rows out from my previous attempt and starting all over. I concentrated on my counting, rather than singing to Christmas Carols (yeah, in August--but this will probably be a Christmas gift). As you can see the zig-zags are much nicer!

I will probably do a few more rows of the seed before I switch to another design. In this case, you do purl stitches here and there in the rows. I don't know if you can see that.

This yarn, btw, is Lion Brand "Baby's First," which is 45% cotton and 55% acrylic. It's very soft. In fact, it almost feels (to me, at least) like cut up felt. Of course, real felt is mostly wool!

It has a 'ply' of about 7 strands, so I have to be careful not to 'split' the yarn. But I think this is going to be a cushy scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment