Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Here is an Easter Egg applique I made. I used a coffee filter, folded and half and cut to make an egg. I drew a design on it and tried some paper-piecing. I couldn't quite get it right, hence the extra ribbon trim. I think I will use other people's designs for a while until I figure out how the pieces lay out. There are many cute designs out there!

The egg is sewn onto a piece of pink batiste. I plan to put two plain eggs (that is, just one print) with it and maybe some grass. Then the whole thing will be sewn into a pillow to throw on my couch for the Easter holiday.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like it when Easter falls in March. March, IMHO, should be reserved for St. Patrick's Day, and Easter should have April. I will be taking down my green decor on the 18th and putting up Easter, which will overlap into the middle of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment