Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Chasing rainbows, not yarn

I had bought some rainbow-colored strips (I think they call it a jelly roll) from Etsy. Wasn't sure what to do with them, until I spotted a big oatmeal container in my hall closet. I keep coffee cans, protein powder jars and the like for possible future use. In this case, the oatmeal can became a yarn holder. It will be a nice way to crochet or knit without yarn rolling all over the living room.

I simply sewed the strips together, then cut off a section to fit around the can. I sewed it into a tube. Then, using various sizes of screwdrivers and pencils, I poked a hole in the top for the yarn to come out. 

I had some of the 'fabric' left over so I cut and sewed up a pillow for next St. Patrick's Day (did not stuff it yet) plus there is a smaller piece that might end up in a piece of doll clothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment