Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Innovation

Okay, I'm sure millions of people already know this. But I just thought of it for myself this morning, so for me it is innovative.

I used 4 bottles of barbecue sauce to make ribs on Sunday. There's always some left, you know? That stuff that sticks to the sides. So I wanted to incorporate them together. A balancing act was out of the question.

So I took some foil, folded it up and wrapped it around the necks of two bottles. Now they are in the sink and gravity is doing the rest.

BTW, you want to make killer ribs? First, grill them for a bit on the barbecue. You aren't cooking them, just getting some nice grill marks and a little char on them. Oh...make sure you've emptied out that thing that catches grease or you will have a BIG fire and a lot of heat to deal with. That's another story.

Now, put your ribs into a big lasagna pan. You might need two pans. Dump your favorite sauce over them. Cover with foil.

Cook in a 250 degree oven for 3-4 hours or more. Yes, that's 250 degrees.

You will end up with the most delicious, fall-off-the-bone ribs ever!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my laundry room floor..I LOVE it! I can't believe I've lived here for 4 years and waited so long to do that room! I can't wait to get it totally finished for the big reveal...it's looking SO pretty!
    I'm gonna have to try your recipe for ribs..it's been way too long since I've made them!
    Have a great weekend!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete