Friday, December 30, 2011

My Christmas Dress

I'm sorry the picture is blurry and not full length, but this is the Christmas dress I made. I actually started it about 2 weeks before Christmas and (seriously) finished it Christmas Eve morning. It is red crepe-back satin with little silver flecks. It is a very simple princess-line dress with 3/4 sleeves and a v-neck. 
The thing that made me happy about it was that it fit without any alterations. This is the first time that's happened since I can remember. Losing 15 pounds has been a real ego-booster. Now I know I can pretty much make any pattern from this company (sorry I can't find the pattern) in this size (I'll admit it's 16, but in off-the-rack sizes that's like a 12 or 14) and have some success at it. I'd like to start making more of my own clothes again, and it will be nice not to be frustrated!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colour :) and congrats on losing the weight too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You did a great job and I love the color on you!!!! Great about the weight loss, too! We miss you and Mike and wish you all a great New Year!!!! Abi and Gary send wet, sticky kisses!

    ReplyDelete